Membership Dues Policy
The viability of any non-profit organization is directly dependent upon its ability to maintain funding. In order to address concerns regarding payment of membership dues, the Board of Directors of the Polish American Chamber of Commerce (“PACC”) has enacted a policy that is fair, uniform, and applicable to all members of the PACC. The provisions of that policy are as follows:
1) Membership Term. Membership in the PACC is based on a calendar year, January 1 to December 31. New members applying in the fourth quarter of a calendar year (“Fourth Quarter Member(s)”) will be regarded as current for the following year. All other members will be required to renew their membership each calendar year in order to remain current.
2) Renewal. At the beginning of each calendar year, all members except the prior year’s Fourth Quarter Members shall be issued a membership renewal notice (“Notice”). The Notice shall be delivered to the member’s physical or email address as it is registered with the PACC, and shall specify that the member’s renewal fees must be paid within thirty (30) days from the date of the Notice in order to avoid incurring a late fee equal to ten percent (10%) of the member’s renewal fee.
3) Renewal Amount. Unless the Board of Directors amends membership fees is accordance with paragraph 4, a member’s renewal amount shall be equal to that member’s prior year membership/renewal fee. A member wishing to increase or decrease its level of membership may do so by paying the corresponding amount at the time of renewal.
4) Membership/Renewal Fee Amendment. In accordance with the bylaws of the PACC, the Board of Directors shall have the right to amend membership and/or renewal fees without prior notice to its members. In the case of membership renewal, any fee amendments will be reflected in the Notice and members wishing to renew their membership shall be subject to the amended fees.
5) Membership Lapse. A member who fails to remit payment of renewal fees as specified in the foregoing paragraphs, shall be issued a warning (“Warning”) in a manner consistent with the issuance of the Notice. The Warning shall inform the member that its membership shall lapse within thirty (30) days of the date of the Warning if the member fails to remit payment of the renewal fee and any applicable late fees within that period. Failure to pay pursuant to the Warning shall cause a member to lose all benefits of membership immediately.
This policy shall be made available to all PACC upon request and shall be included with the Notice. However, failure to include this policy shall not excuse any member from payment of its renewal fees.